Skip to jobs
The Family Hotspots 2014 declared Bexley the best suburb in which to bring up a child – an accolade which can largely be attributed to its excellent schools. There’s no denying that this southeastern borough’s small-town community feeling, low crime rate and affordable house prices within a half-hour commute of central London make it an attractive prospect.
Bexley is one of the capital’s greenest boroughs and boasts many beautiful parks, most notably the 75-hectare Danson Park in Welling. The suburb is also known for its wealth of independent shops, restaurants and cafes. Its most desirable towns – Sidcup, Bexleyheath and Crayford – have successfully resisted the typical retail chains that dominate most high streets, making them rich in character.
Bexley in numbers:
- The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Sidcup is £888 pcm, compared to £1,662 pcm in London
- The cost of living for a single person in Sidcup is £458 pcm, compared to £772 pcm in London
- The journey from Sidcup to London Bridge by train takes 22 minutes
Teaching in Bexley
Of the 7 registered schools in the area:
- 2 were rated outstanding in their last OFSTED inspection and 4 were rated as good
- 6 schools are academies and 1 is a maintained schools
- 3 are primary schools, 4 are secondary schools and 2 are schools for those aged 16-18
- 4 schools have no religious character and 3 are Christian faith schools (1 Church of England and 2 Roman Catholic)
Why choose teaching jobs in Bexley?
- A choice of excellent schools both in Bexley itself and in nearby London
- Affordable to rent and to live – and very affordable by the standards of the capital
- Well-connected – though the borough has no Underground links, there are a wealth of National Rail services plus a good bus network
- A pleasant place to live, with green spaces, independent shops and pretty houses
At Engage Education we have teaching vacancies for all subjects, schools and styles of teaching. Whatever your individual requirements, we’ll be able to find a teaching job in Bexley to suit you.
We also provide dedicated local support for all teaching placements, supporting you as you settle in to your new role.
If you’re looking for teaching jobs in neighbouring boroughs, why not browse our Havering school jobs?
Latest Bexley School Jobs