Skip to jobs
Leeds combines all the advantages of a large and cosmopolitan city with affordable house prices and a high standard of living, surrounded by the beautiful Yorkshire countryside. Leeds is also a centre of education, with three universities and a student population of around 200,000 – one of the largest in Europe.
This characterful city centre offers a wealth of museums and art galleries with a vibrant nightlife and music scene.
If the inner-city lifestyle isn’t for you, popular suburbs Chapel Allerton and Otley – both a 15 minute commute from the centre of Leeds – are listed on the Sunday Times Best Places to Live in the UK 2018.
Leeds in numbers:
- The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Leeds is £884, compared to an average of £1,832 pcm in London
- The average cost of living for a single person in Leeds is £736 pcm compared to £899 pcm in London
- The journey from Leeds to London King’s Cross by train takes 2 hours 15 minutes
Teaching in Leeds
Out of the 324 registered schools in the area:
- 49 were rated outstanding in their last OFSTED inspection, 204 were rated as good and 27 require improvement
- 98 are academies, 194 are maintained schools, 15 are independent, 13 are special educational needs schools and 4 are colleges
- 269 are primary schools, 72 are secondary schools and 50 are for those aged 16-18
One school in Leeds – The Grammar School – ranks in the top 10 independent secondary schools in Yorkshire.
Why choose teaching jobs in Leeds?
- A thriving educational centre
- The highest quality of life in any UK city
- The cost of living is very low for such an urban area
- Rich in culture, art and history
At Engage Education we offer teaching vacancies for all subjects, schools and styles of teaching, meaning that whatever your specific requirements, we will find teaching jobs in Leeds that suit you.
We also provide dedicated local support for all teaching placements that we offer.
Latest Leeds School Jobs