Is your school considering sponsorship?
It is now easier than ever for schools to sponsor teachers to work in the UK.
Why sponsor a teacher?
Teachers are considered skilled workers, Primary and Secondary Teachers of all subjects and specialities are Skilled Workers. Employers and schools with worker licences can sponsor teachers to work at their schools through the Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa (commonly referred to as ‘sponsorship’). This means that schools can sponsor teachers from around the world to work at their schools. Engage Education has helped schools secure hundreds of internationally trained teachers over the past decade.
Steps for schools to take before sponsoring
- You must have a worker licence
- You must offer a teacher a position and the teacher accepts
- You must apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship Number (CoS)
- The teacher will then use the CoS Number to apply for their Skilled Worker Visa
- Await a Decision from UK Visa & Immigration this could be from 5 to 7 weeks
- Finally, your teacher is ready to start with you!
What our service provides
We’ll provide schools with guidance and support throughout the hiring and application process.
The Cost of Sponsorship
Schools will need to pay for a Certificate of Sponsorship which costs £199. Schools must also pay for an Immigration Skills Charge of up to £1000 per year of the visa.
Currently, the visa processing time for the UK Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visas can take up to 5 to 7 weeks.
The Benefits of Sponsorship
- Teachers seeking sponsorship typically wish to immigrate permanently to the UK
- Easy application process
- Fast processing times and no delayed start dates
- Sponsorship visas can last from 1 to 5 years
- Schools will use an online Sponsorship Management System (SMS)
Discuss Sponsorship with us!
Book a consultation to talk through sponsorship, pricing and our service with our dedicated sponsorship team, at a time that suits you!