Teaching jobs in Richmond
Why is Richmond such a desirable place to live?
The town of Richmond is in the borough of Richmond upon Thames and is one of the safest places to live in London. This affluent and beautiful part of London is rightly known for its access to the river, its famous deer park and two of Henry VIII’s most famous palaces, Hampton Court and the ruins of the once grand royal residence Richmond Palace.
Despite its Zone 4 location, Richmond has better connections than many more central areas, with swift access into London. Richmond’s excellent schools are mainly private, but there are nevertheless a group of excellent state schools, particularly for primary school age children.
How much does it cost to rent in Richmond?
- The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Richmond is £1,524 pcm, compared to £1,662 pcm in central London
- The cost of living for a single person in Richmond is £772 pcm, compared to £772 pcm in central London
Which train line goes to Richmond?
Richmond is well served by the District and Overground lines and national rail service.
What are the schools like?
Of the 129 registered schools within a 3-mile radius of Richmond:
- 41 schools were rated outstanding in their last OFSTED inspection, 44 were rated good, 9 require improvement and 0 were rated as inadequate
- 32 are academies, 65 are maintained schools, 25 are independent, 4 are special educational needs schools and 3 are colleges
- 97 schools in Richmond are primary schools, 47 are secondary schools and 39 are schools for those aged 16-18
- 95 schools have no religious character and 30 are Christian faith schools, (14 Church of England, 16 Roman Catholic, Other). There is also 1 Jewish school and 1 Sikh school
Why teach in Richmond?
- One of London’s most beautiful and scenic areas
- Access to excellent private and state schools
- A child and family friendly area with a very low crime rate
We can help you to find your ideal teaching position
At Engage Education we work with applicants from all over the globe from our head office in Watford, England, to provide teacher training and place teachers, teaching assistants and other education professionals in their ideal roles in education.
And our support doesn’t stop when you’ve been successfully hired. We also provide expert local support and mentoring to ensure that all our teachers have a smooth transition into their perfect teaching job.