Wokingham teaching jobs
What’s so good about Wokingham?
One of the most desirable towns to live in Berkshire, Wokingham is known for its high quality of life, beautiful architecture and quaint market town atmosphere.
How does the cost of living compare to London?
The cost of living for a single person in Wokingham is £522 pcm, compared to £772 pcm in central London.
What about rent?
The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Wokingham is £1,250 pcm, compared to £1,662 pcm in central London.
How long is the journey from Wokingham to London by train?
The journey from Wokingham to Waterloo Station takes 1 hour and 11 minutes directly, or 34 minutes to Paddington Station via Reading.
What are the schools like in Wokingham?
Of the 48 registered schools in the area:
- 6 schools were rated outstanding in their last OFSTED inspection, 21 were rated good, 4 require improvement and 1 were rated as inadequate
- 8 are academies, 12 are maintained schools and 1 is a special educational needs school
- 18 schools in Wokingham are primary schools, 4 are secondary schools and 4 are schools for those aged 16-18
- 18 schools have no religious character, 3 are Christian faith schools (Church of England)
Why look for teaching jobs in Wokingham?
- Conveniently close to London, yet far enough away to maintain its individuality
- A charming market town atmosphere
- Period properties which make for excellent property investments due to Wokingham’s desirability as a place to live
Expert local guidance
At Engage Education we have a wealth of experience in matching talented teachers to their ideal roles in schools all over the world. No matter your teaching style or specialist subject we can find a position to suit you.
Once we’ve matched you to your ideal role, we’ll provide you with all the support you need to transition smoothly into your new job.