Skip to jobs
The London borough of Hackney offers the trendy atmospheres of Hoxton, Shoreditch and Hackney Central, as well as easy access to the City and central London.
There’s plenty of nightlife and culture in western Hackney, while those who want the convenience and character of living in London without the noise will no doubt be drawn to the beautiful residential areas of Haggerston and London Fields.
Hackney in numbers:
- The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Hackney is £1,355 pcm, compared to £1,662 pcm in central London
- The cost of living for a single person in Hackney is £752 pcm, compared to £772 pcm in central London
- The journey from Shoreditch High Street to Highbury & Islington takes 14 minutes
Teaching in Hackney
Of the 41 registered schools in the area:
- 12 schools were rated outstanding in their last OFSTED inspection, 21 were rated good and 2 require improvement
- 8 are academies, 26 are maintained schools, 4 are independent, 2 are special educational needs schools and 1 is a college
- 29 schools in Hackney are primary schools, 13 are secondary schools and 11 are schools for those aged 16-18
- 9 schools have no religious character and 2 are Christian faith schools, (1 Church of England and 1 Roman Catholic)
Why choose Hackney teaching jobs?
- Living in Hackney offers residents easy access to the City as well as to many of London’s central locations
- Flats (particularly in western Hackney as well as the more fashionable areas around Shoreditch and Hoxton) make excellent property investments
- A good street life, nightlife and atmosphere for far lower living costs and rent than in the west of London
Our team at Engage Education have years of experience in recruiting teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals in education and we’ve successfully matched them to dream jobs all over the globe.
We’ll provide you with ongoing support from the moment you contact us all the way through your integration into a new teaching role.
Latest Hakcney School Jobs