Skip to jobs
Coventry is the 9th largest city in the UK, and lies south of Birimingham. Coventry has been named the UK City of Culture 2021, thanks to its reputation as a young, diverse and modern city, with a history of triumphing against adversity. This industrious city is a great place for teachers who want to learn real British culture. Legend has it that Coventry was even the birthplace of St. George – patron saint of England!
Coventry in numbers
- Coventry has been the capital of England twice throughout history
- The average monthly rent of a one-bedroom flat in Coventry is £537
- The award of City of Culture 2021 is expected to bring 2,116 new jobs to Coventry
Teaching in Coventry
- There are 100 schools in Coventry – 36 academies, 56 maintained schools, 6 special schools and 2 colleges
- Of these schools, 10 schools have an Ofsted rating of “Outstanding”, 79 are listed as “Good”, 5 as “Requires Improvement” and 1 is listed as “Inadequate”
- 74 schools in Coventry are listed as having “No religious character”
Why choose teaching jobs in Coventry
Plenty of people who move to Coventry stay there, which is a testament to Coventry’s warmth and character. What’s more, it’s a great destination for international teachers as it’s just a stone’s throw away from Birmingham International Airport, so you’ll never have a hard time visiting family or going on international breaks during the summer holidays and weekends. There’s also plenty of local beautiful scenic greenery for people living in Coventry to enjoy.
We have teaching roles in Coventry for teachers specialising in all subjects in a variety of schools. We can find your ideal teaching job in this great community, no matter where you are in your teaching career.
At Engage teacher recruitment we provide local support for all teaching placements we offer – we’ll go the extra mile to help you find your perfect teaching role.
Latest Coventry School Jobs