Skip to jobs
Known for its vibrant street life and the canals that criss-cross through its streets, the borough of Camden – and particularly the centre – is famous for its culture, with a rich musical and literary heritage, a thriving nightlife and one of the most iconic markets in the capital.
Although Camden is an expensive place to live, the central location of Camden Town – close to Euston, Kentish Town, Regent’s Park and Islington – means that it is ideally placed for residents to commute to any part of London.
Camden in numbers:
- The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Camden is £1,280 pcm, compared to £1,662 pcm in central London
- The cost of living for a single person in Camden is £761 pcm, compared to £772 pcm in central London
- The journey from Camden Town Station to Euston takes 3 minutes
Teaching in Camden
Of the 52 registered schools in the area:
- 7 schools were rated outstanding in their last OFSTED inspection, 9 were rated good and 1 require improvement
- 1 is an academy, 23 are maintained schools, 24 are independent and 4 are special educational needs schools
- 43 schools in Camden are primary schools, 23 are secondary schools and 11 are schools for those aged 16-18
- 39 schools have no religious character, 12 are Christian faith schools, (8 Church of England, 4 Roman Catholic)
Why choose Camden teaching jobs?
- A vibrant and exciting location in the very heart of London
- An easy commute to any location within central London and the outskirts of North London
- Due to Camden’s central location, commuting within most of London is affordable
- Although expensive, houses located anywhere within the borough of Camden represent excellent property investments
At Engage Education we believe in doing our utmost to help our teachers find their ideal Camden teaching job. We have vacancies in all subjects and in a range of different schools to cater to a variety to teaching styles.
We also guide and mentor our teachers on all placements we offer, in order to facilitate a seamless transition into their new roles.
Latest Camden School Jobs