Skip to jobs
What is it like to live in Northamptonshire?
Northamptonshire offers its residents the best of both worlds – its central location means that they can benefit from the peaceful suburbs and comparatively low living costs of the East Midlands while remaining within a short distance of London and the commuter belt.
Nicknamed ‘the rose of the shires’ for its pristine rural feel, Northamptonshire has no major cities. The county’s main hubs are the large towns of Kettering and Corby as well as the county town of Northampton, which are surrounded by picturesque villages.
How much does it cost to live in Northamptonshire?
- The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Northampton is £778 pcm, compared to £1,662 pcm in central London.
- The cost of living for a single person in Lincoln is £657 pcm, compared to £772 pcm in central London.
How long does it take to get from Northamptonshire to London?
The journey from Kettering to London St Pancras International takes 1 hour. The journey from Kettering to Birmingham takes 1 hour and 38 minutes.
What are the schools like in Northamptonshire?
Of the 976 registered schools in Northamptonshire:
- 142 schools were rated outstanding in their last OFSTED inspection, 492 were rated good, 82 require improvement and 9 were rated as inadequate
- 417 are academies, 436 are maintained schools, 57 are independent, 54 are special educational needs schools and 12 are colleges
- 821 schools in Northamptonshire are primary schools, 227 are secondary schools and 171 are schools for those aged 16-18
- 713 schools have no religious character, 252 are Christian faith schools, (209 Church of England, 35 Roman Catholic and 8 Other) 2 are Muslim, 2 Hindu and 1 Sikh
Why choose Northamptonshire teaching jobs?
- A peaceful and affordable county in which to live.
- Scenic East Midlands location.
- Conveniently close to London, the Home Counties, Birmingham and Cambridge
Let us find your ideal teaching role in Northamptonshire
At Engage Education we’re committed to matching talented professionals from all over the world with their ideal teaching jobs. No matter what your specialist subject or approach to teaching is, we’ll find the perfect role for you.
We also coach all of our teachers and provide support and mentorship from the moment they approach us throughout their first teaching placement to ensure a smooth and easy transition.
Latest Northamptonshire School Jobs