Work in England with a PGCEi

If you have a PGCEi, you are not automatically qualified to work as a teacher in the UK. In order to be a fully-qualified teacher in the UK you will need to complete a route to Qualified Teacher Status, or QTS. At Engage, we’ve helped thousands of teachers achieve their Qualified Teacher Status through the route that suits their circumstances best, and we’d like to help you, too.


Get QTS with your PGCEi

At Engage, we can secure you a teaching role in a school with the understanding that you will complete your Assessment Only (AO) route to QTS with an accredited provider. (Which provider is used depends on where your school is located.) You can find all the information you need about taking the Assessment Only route to QTS on the Government’s page.

To be able to take the AO route to QTS in the UK, you will need to have taught in at least two schools over two different age ranges for at least two years, as well as meeting all the general requirements to teach in the UK (including GCSE level 4 and above or equivalent in Maths and English, and Science if teaching in Primary school.)

Get in touch

Contact us to find out how we can help you find your next teaching role.

Contact Us
How can you get QTS with my PGCEi?

Find out more how Engage can help you attain Qualified Teacher Status in the UK.

The Reading Corner

All our articles are informed and inspired by the thousands of teachers we've helped on their teaching journey.

EnglishUSAIrelandCanadaAustraliaUnited Arabic EmiratesSouth Africa