This statement constitutes Engage Partners Groups’ modern slavery and human trafficking transparency statement as of May 2018.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 1st January 2017 to 31 December 2017.
The statement sets down Engage Partners commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our business activities and the steps we have put in place with the aim of ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Staff are expected to report their concerns and management to act upon them.
Organisational structure and supply chains
This statement covers the business activities of Engage Partners which are as follows:
A specialist recruiter in the Education and Construction sectors. The Company currently operates in the following countries
- Australia, Ireland and Canada: we resource teachers from these countries to come and work in the UK
- UK: we resource and place teachers within the UK
The following is the process by which the Company assesses whether particular activities or countries are at risk in relation to modern slavery or human trafficking:
After a review our business activities the Management can confirm that there are no high-risk activities or at risk of modern slavery or human trafficking.Responsibility for the Company’s anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Policies: The Head of HR is responsible for creating and reviewing policies. The process by which policies are reviewed is on an annual basis whereby they will look at industry best practice and implement any relevant amendments to the Company.
- Risk assessments: The Office Manager is responsible for risk assessments in respect of human rights and modern by a process of reviewing our business activities, confirming the right to work of all candidates and that the rates of pay for all candidates are in accordance with the local legislation.
- Due Diligence: The Finance Director is responsible for due diligence in relation to known or suspected instances of modern slavery and human trafficking.
The Company is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our business or our supply chains. This Statement affirms its intention to act ethically in our business relationships.
The following policies set down our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
Whistleblowing policy – the Company encourages all its workers, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to its direct activities or its supply chains.
Employee handbook – The employee handbook sets down the actions and behaviour expected of employees when representing the Company.
Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
The Company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers. The Company’s due diligence process includes a review of their financial history, what governing or regulatory body they are a member of, and customer references if a material supplier. Our aim is to build long-standing relationships with suppliers and making clear our expectations of business partners.
The Company uses the following key performance indicator (KPI) to measure how effective we are in ensuring slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains: Review of our sage payroll and TR CRM to review our employee and candidate salaries to ensure they are above the national living wage.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The Board of Directors endorses this policy statement and is fully committed to its implementation.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement has been approved and authorised by:
Name: Edward Parkes
Position: Finance Director
Date: 1st January 2018
If you have any further questions in regards to our modern slavery statement, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.