Work in England with a PGCEi

If you have a PGCEi, you are not automatically qualified to work as a teacher in the UK. In order to be a fully qualified teacher in the UK you will need to complete a route to Qualified Teacher Status, or QTS. At Engage, we’ve helped thousands of teachers achieve their Qualified Teacher Status through the route that suits their circumstances best, and we’d like to help you, too.

Get QTS with your PGCEi

At Engage, we can secure you a teaching role in a school with the understanding that you will complete your Assessment Only (AO) route to QTS with an accredited provider. (Which provider is used depends on where your school is located.)

To be able to take the AO route to QTS in the UK, you will need to have taught in at least two schools over two different age ranges for at least two years, as well as meeting all the general requirements to teach in the UK (including GCSE level 4 and above or equivalent in Maths and English, and Science if teaching in Primary school.)


United Arabic EmiratesEnglishUSAIrelandCanadaAustraliaSouth Africa