Youth Engagement MentorPosted 08/09/23
Youth Engagement Mentor- Bordon
Engage Education are currently working with a special school in Bordon who are requiring a Youth Engagement Mentor to join them in September.
This role will be working with learners with social, emotional and mental health issues and or a diagnosis of Autism. This is a fantastic school which puts the learners at the forefront of everything they do.
Our partnered school is looking for a driven Youth Engagement Mentor that wants to deliver in an extremely engaging setting. This an exciting & dynamic role that requires individuals to think on their feet & deliver results, while benefiting from an exceptional development programme. The Behaviour Team at the school plays a huge part in the students’ success and your efforts in this role enhances their development immensely. This role will provide support for students who are struggling to fully engage in education or have mild learning difficulties in KS2, KS3 and KS4, you will support the students either 1:1 or in small groups. The ability to communicate effectively with students, staff & parents is imperative in ensuring that effective pastoral support is provided for all pupils. Previous experience working with young people facing barriers to learning will be advantageous for the role, but not essential.
- Working with a small class of children to support their time in education
- Be able to adapt to the needs of the child in lessons and assist them in their school day
- Promote positive behaviour and encourage the children to stay on task
- Clarifying and explaining any questions or instructions given to the pupil
- Experience working with people with learning difficulties
- Experience in a SEN education setting is ideal
- Team Teach training is desirable but is something that Engage can provide you with
- Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply:
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2-4 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.