Trainee Teaching Assistant SEMHPosted 09/01/23
£16,626 - £20,492
Trainee Teaching Assistant
Train to be a Teaching Assistant on our Early Career Teaching Assistant Programme!
Whether you’ve got experience working with children or young people, or you’re looking to get into education, our new Early Career Teaching Assistant Programme could be the perfect way to train as a TA and learn on the job!
We are looking for a passionate individual who wants to begin working and training as an Children's SEND Teaching Assistant who will support schools in the local area by helping children and young people with a variety of needs; Complex Needs (Hearing impairments, Autism, Speech and language delay) and SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health needs).
This is a fantastic opportunity for graduates who want to move into a career in teaching. You will benefit from in-depth support and training from the school, and develop your knowledge of the national curriculum.
About the role:
- Work with a variety of SEN/Mainstream Schools
- Gain experience with different types of SEND
- Up to £20,057 annually
- Flexible working hours (6-30hrs)
- Full time / Part time positions
- Work on a SUPPLY basis or Secure a Long Term role
- Gain a Teaching Assistant qualification with Creative Education
- Train and learn alongside experience within our schools
- Have access to over 200+ Modules (Phonics, SEND, Classroom practice etc, Supporting additional needs)
- Start ASAP
- Be patient, adaptable and resilient
- Be reliable
- Be passionate about supporting children with SEND, or Children in general
- Be proactive
- Driver (preferable)
- Some understanding of what it takes to support children
- Previously Support Worker / Carer
- Personal experience with SEND / Challenging behaviour
The Training Programme
Our Early Career Teaching Assistant Programme consists of on the job training in a school alongside a bespoke CPD programme, developed by ex-senior leaders and our CPD Partners, Creative Education. You’ll learn:
- How to be a great Teaching Assistant
- How to maximise your impact on learning
- Special Needs Awareness
- Enhanced Safeguarding
As part of your enrollment on the Early Years Teaching Assistant Programme, you’ll have free access to over 300 courses to help you develop your skills in specialised areas.
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 5 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.