Trainee Learning Support Assistant – SEMHPosted 26/05/23
This school is a warm and welcoming community where children are pushed and supported to improve their social and emotional skills. Children display a variety of needs including; Trauma. Attachment, Anxiety, Behavioural difficulties.
They are happy to accept applications from candidates who are inexperienced but who have a love for Special Educational Needs aswell as a hunger to learn. Not only will you get on the job training but you'll also get firsthand experience on Makaton and PECS.
Applications for the position are welcome from candidates of ranging experience, and training will be provided, although previous experience working with students with SEMH, particularly attachment and trauma is preferable. Experience working with children with challenging behaviour is important and a strong sense of behaviour management is key.
If you are passionate about supporting children with complex additional needs, and have experience with children/adults with challenging and complex SEND/SEMH this opportunity could be ideal for you. In addition, if you have experience as a Youth Worker or Behaviour Mentor and you are interested in education, please do apply!
- Have experience working with children with complex emotional needs
- Be extremely confident managing behaviour
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to build professional relationships with children
- Be able to support complex SEMH needs
- Have a fun but firm presence
- Understand attachment and trauma
- Hold a UK driving licence and own a car
Applications are encouraged from
- Youth workers
- Behaviour Mentors
- SEN Teaching Assistants
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!