Train to TeachPosted 11/05/23
Graduate Teaching Assistant – Teacher Training
Engage Education has a two phase Train to Teach programme which allows you to work, earn and learn all at the same time. The course is an alternative route to traditional initial teacher training, and offers a postgraduate-level qualification leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), no tuition fees, and the opportunity to earn while you learn.
What does the training entail?
This program will run over two phases. In your first phase, you will work full time in a local school as a member of Support Staff, while receiving online and in-person support from our Partnership and Development team to prepare you for your training programme. This first phase will include CPD on:
• Knowledge of The Teachers' Standards
• Understanding of The Teachers' Standards
• Reflective Summary of Learning linked to The Teachers' Standards
By the end of Phase One, you’ll be ready to start teaching!
Phase Two of the course gives you the essential knowledge and skills to excel in your teaching career. You will work as a teacher while studying for your PGCE and QTS assessment with the National Institute of Teaching and Education (NITE) at Coventry University. You will be paid in line with the national scale for unqualified teachers.
The modules included are:
• Behaviour and Classroom Management
• Curriculum Delivery and Assessment
• Development of The Teachers' Standards
• Evidence of practical teaching practice
• Get paid to do your PGCE
• Gain certified Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Train in a school you love and continue working there once you’ve qualified
• Exclusive professional and personal Engage benefits
To be considered for enrolment, applicants must have:
• Undergraduate Honours degree
• GCSE Level 4 (Grade C) in English, Maths (for Secondary trainees) plus Science (for Primary Trainees)
• Must have a desire and passion for becoming a teacher and working in secondary education on a long-term basis.
• The right to work in UK
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity?
If so, please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly