Train To Teach Opportunity – SecondaryPosted 17/04/23
Graduate Teaching Assistant – Teacher Training
Engage Education has a two-phase Train to Teach programme which allows you to work, earn and learn all at the same time. The course is an alternative route to traditional initial teacher training, and offers a postgraduate-level qualification leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), no tuition fees, and the opportunity to earn while you learn. We have multiple start dates for this programme, and work in partnership with NITE at Coventry University.
This school in Dagenham is seeking trainees in the following subject to join their school:
- Design Technology
About The School:
- This school is a large coeducational school located in Dagenham with almost 2,000 students. OFSTED has rated the school GOOD.
- The school offers a broad, balanced curriculum that develops the necessary skills to be successful. They do not ‘teach to the test’. Key knowledge and concepts are explored through the use of big questions and subject end-points in our planning to support students to understand what they are learning and why to instill a love of learning even when knowledge is difficult and new.
- The school has a strong leadership team focused on supporting incoming teachers, and trainee teachers.
- OFSTED said 'Pupils enjoy the range of opportunities on offer. They speak enthusiastically about how extra curricular clubs motivate them to succeed'.
- Based in Dagenham, in the London Borough of Redbridge.
What does the training entail?
This program will run over two phases. In your first phase, you will work full-time in a local school as a member of the Support Staff, while receiving online and in-person support from our Partnership and Development team to prepare you for your training programme.
This first phase will include CPD on:
- Knowledge of The Teachers' Standards
- Understanding of The Teachers' Standards
- Reflective Summary of Learning linked to The Teachers' Standards
By the end of Phase One, you’ll be ready to start teaching!
Phase Two of the course gives you the essential knowledge and skills to excel in your teaching career. You will work as a teacher while studying for your PGCE and QTS assessment with the National Institute of Teaching and Education (NITE) at Coventry University. You will be paid in line with the national scale for unqualified teachers.
The modules included are:
- Behaviour and Classroom Management
- Curriculum Delivery and Assessment
- Development of The Teachers' Standards
- Evidence of practical teaching practice
- Paid as a TA in Phase 1, Unqualified teacher in Phase 2
- Get paid to do your PGCE
- Gain certified Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Train in a school you love and continue working there once you’ve qualified
- Exclusive professional and personal Engage benefits
To be considered for enrolment, applicants must have:
- Undergraduate Honours degree
- GCSE Level 4 (Grade C) in English, Maths (for Secondary trainees) plus Science (for Primary Trainees)
- Must have a desire and passion for becoming a teacher and working in secondary education on a long-term basis.
- The right to work in UK
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity?
If so, please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly