Teaching AssistantPosted 19/09/23
SEND Teaching Assistant
Engage Education has an established SEND team that has worked with Special Schools across Lambeth. We have been working with SEN Schools in Lambeth, seeking full-time staff to take on intervention roles.
These schools cater to students with Autism and various other Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs.
- SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Mentor
- Either 1:1 supporting a specific child, or working with small groups
- Following the guidance from the SEN Teacher in order to teach and support the pupils, as well as following the lead of the other support staff.
- Providing positive reinforcements and praise for students.
- The role involves a lot of practical and holistic based work, so being flexible and adaptable is key.
- Teaching and supporting pupils with Autism, SEMH, Learning Difficulties and behaviours that challenge.
- School hours are 8.30am to 3.30/4pm (term time only)
- Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties, Autism, Severe Learning Difficulties, and Disabilities
- Full-time temporary position or flexible daily supply work
- Daily rates are from £75 – £90 per day depending on experience
- A majority of our schools cater for children aged between 3 and 19
- Holistic tailored curriculum
- Excellent leadership team
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education. Please contact Matthew Blair-Hamilton at Engage Education.
Engage Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Full assistance provided. By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.