Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) – BatleyPosted 19/09/23
£39,965 - £51,041
Join our team as a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with special educational needs? Do you have the skills and dedication to lead and support inclusive education in our school? If so, we want YOU to become a vital part of our educational community as a SENCo! About Our School: Engage Education has a close relationship with secondary school in North Bradford. This school supports children aged 11 to 16 with various social, emotional and mental health needs. This is a dynamic and inclusive learning environment committed to providing every student with the opportunity to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We believe in the power of education to transform lives and are seeking an experienced SENCo to help us realize this vision. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of our school's Special Educational Needs (SEN) policy.
- Collaborate with teachers to identify, assess, and support students with SEN.
- Create and maintain Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students with SEN.
- Provide guidance and training to staff on best practices in inclusive education.
- Liaise with parents, external agencies, and specialists to coordinate support for students.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of SEN provision and make data-driven improvements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A recognized SENCo qualification or willingness to work towards one.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A deep understanding of SEN legislation and best practices.
- Empathy, patience, and a commitment to promoting inclusive education.
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee.
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance.You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply: If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly. If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role. All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided. By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!