SEND Youth Worker – WakefieldPosted 18/09/23
SEND Youth Worker required:
Despite the fact that around 1.5 million pupils in England have special educational needs, it is getting tougher and tougher each year to provide these pupils with the support they deserve. That’s where you come in. Engage education is searching for a motivated, driven and compassionate individual who thrives in an environment where no two days are the same. If you are passionate about supporting our young people, then are you ready to help them achieve their dreams?
About the role:
The needs of the pupils they cater for range from:
- Complex Learning Needs (such as sensory and visual impairments)
- Behavioural Difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
This is a full time, term-time position on a long term contract and there could be an option of a permanent offer.
We welcome applicants with a good understanding of working with students with severe ASC and profound, multiple learning difficulties and are enthusiastic about raising the attainment of their pupils and delivering the secure, welcoming and warm learning environment that they deserve.
You will ideally have experience of supporting children with special educational needs or will have a passion to work with students with special educational needs. By being proactive, flexible and taking initiative, you will be assisting the class teacher to create a safe space where our pupils can truly shine.
The ideal candidate:
- Patient, flexible and resilient manner.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about helping children with special educational needs.
- You will be expected to think on your feet and be proactive, no day is the same in a Special School, so being prepared is vital.
- Ability to form excellent relationships and rapport with pupils and staff alike, to support pupils in conjunction with a much wider support network.
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!