SEN Teaching AssistantPosted 19/09/23
Special Needs Learning Support Assistant
Join a dedicated team at a Special Needs School in Hackney, where we are committed to providing exceptional support and education to students , predominantly diagnosed with Autism and Learning Difficulties. We are looking for Special Needs Learning Support Assistants to join us, with the role starting in September 2023 and continuing until July 2024.
Position Overview: As a Special Needs Learning Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing individualised support to our students with special needs. Your dedication and compassion will help create a nurturing and inclusive environment, enabling our students to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- One-on-One Support: Work closely with individual students, providing tailored support to address their specific needs and learning styles.
- Small Group Assistance: Lead and assist small groups of students in various educational and developmental activities.
- Curriculum Adaptation: Collaborate with teachers to adapt teaching methods and materials to accommodate diverse abilities and learning styles.
- Inclusive Environment: Foster an inclusive classroom environment that promotes social interaction, emotional development, and self-confidence.
- Behaviour Management: Implement behaviour management strategies to address challenging behaviors and support emotional regulation.
- Individualised Education Plans (IEPs): Assist in implementing and tracking progress according to individualised education plans (IEPs).
- Life Skills Development: Support students in developing essential life skills, communication, and independence.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records and progress reports, documenting observations and improvements.
- Communication: Engage with parents/guardians and communicate effectively with all stakeholders regarding students' progress and well-being.
Ideal Skill Set:
- Previous experience as a Special Needs Learning Support Assistant or in a similar role, particularly with students with Autism and Learning Difficulties.
- Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for supporting students' development and well-being.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, building positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
- Adaptability and the ability to meet the diverse and evolving needs of individual students.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and strategies for supporting students with special needs.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and a commitment to creating a safe and nurturing learning environment.
Engage Education are a widely recognised, award winning education recruitment company. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and professional development that we offer our teachers and support staff. We:
- Offer an excellent ‘refer a friend’ scheme that pays you £150 for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked and been paid for their first 10 days
- Pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
- Ensure that you will have your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- Give you access for a wide range of CPD training through our in-house team of experienced senior leaders
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education.
Engage Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.