SEN Teaching AssistantPosted 26/05/23
SEN Teaching Assistant required:
This friendly and welcoming SEN school is looking for a supportive, specialist teaching assistant to help its students grow and achieve.
Patient, resilient, accepting: the ideal candidate will be dedicated to the rewarding task of helping pupils grapple with complex special educational needs and enthusiastic about raising pupils’ attainment within the classroom.
This is a full time, long term position beginning after May half term.
- Provide assistance to the teacher by responding to pupils’ needs, adapting to scenarios within the classroom and enabling the teacher to deliver their lesson.
- Be on hand to assist with any equipment and tech requirements for each lesson, making sure that they are ready to use.
- Boost pupils’ academic attainment by providing one-to-one support and helping them to achieve their full potential.
- Mitigate disruption by maintaining a calm and professional persona at all times to de-escalate any challenges that may arise.
- Liaise with educational therapists to ensure that every pupil receives the best possible mental health support that they deserve to enable them to enjoy a positive, fulfilling school experience.
If you think this could be you, we will consider candidates that:
- Have a passion for supporting pupils with special educational needs.
- Have demonstrable experience of supporting pupils with special educational needs.
- Are able to communicate effectively and foster strong relationships with pupils.
- Are flexible and patient.
- Are committed to working full-time.
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply:
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 5 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.