SEN TeacherPosted 04/01/23
£29344 - £33055
SENCO required for Secondary School in Slough
At Engage, we know that a school runs on quality staff. We’ve spent over a decade building strong relationships with schools in Slough and the school we are working with are looking for a SENCO to work within the school on a full time basis.
This is a full time position starting in January 2023.
The ideal SENCO must:
- Have QTS
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the school's SEN policy
- Carry out assessments of pupils with SEN to identify needs and monitor progress – including observations in the classroom and meeting with teachers and parents
- Work with classroom teachers, the school leadership team, parents and relevant external agencies to develop, implement and monitor individual support/learning plans
- Make referrals and liaise with professionals outside of the school – this could include psychologists, health and social care providers, speech and language therapists and occupational therapists
- Apply for funding and grants to support SEN provision in the school
- Provide advice, guidance and training to classroom teachers and TAs on supporting pupils with SEN
- Support teachers and TAs to develop schemes of work and learning programmes for pupils with SEN
- Support teachers to develop and implement effective teaching and behaviour management approaches in the classroom
- Manage and advise on the school budget and resources for SEN provision
- develop and maintain systems for keeping pupil records, ensuring information is accurate and up to date
- Analyse school, local and national data and develop appropriate strategies and interventions
- Manage SEN teachers, teaching assistants and support staff to improve pupil progress and attainment
- Keep up to date with national and local policies related to SEN and cascade information to colleagues
- Deliver staff training and CPD for staff
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.