SEN Teacher – KS3/4Posted 18/04/23
£28,000 - £38,810
SEN Teacher – KS3/4
Engage Education are currently working in partnership with a special needs school on an exciting new Teaching vacancy in Wakefield. This is to start in September and will be for 1 term in the first instance.
As a SEMH Teacher based in these highly complex settings, you will be responsible for delivering creative and engaging lessons for small groups of 4 to 8 children. Working as a SEMH teacher requires a holistic approach, focusing on the whole child, academic development is only possible when you address the primary need first. You will work with the school's multidisciplinary therapy team, helping students find ways to do the things they need and want to do. These opportunities will suit teachers who have a passion and natural ability to engage hard to reach pupils and those with strong classroom presence. You will engage the children and young people within the school in innovative, therapeutic, and meaningful activities, supporting them in learning to help them reach their full potential.
- Delivering lessons to learners with SEMH and ASD
- Working with support staff to engage pupils in class
- Providing feedback to teachers and parents
What you will need:
- A range of behaviour management techniques
- To have worked with learners with a range of needs
- The ability to re-engage a young person in learning through a range of methods
- To be able to commit to working at the school for long period of time
- A resilient attitude
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!