School Librarian/ Reading SupportPosted 12/01/23
£19,500 - £21,450
School Librarian/ Reading Support Required for School in Enfield
SCT Paypoint 32 – 34 (£29,536.65 – £31,060.28 gross per annum + Generous Benefits.)
We are currently working with a Secondary School based in Enfield who are recruiting for a School Librarian/ Reading Support who has first hand experience working with children with additional needs.
This school's head teacher has won Head Teacher of the year 2022.
This role has excellent staff benefits such as an excellent pension scheme which includes 3x salary life assurance cover, 24 days holiday + BH, access to Health Shield PERKS and more.
The ideal candidate will have an SEN background working specifically with learning difficulties.
Our team has built an excellent reputation in the local area, and we’re looking for more high-quality office staff to work with these schools.
Working hours are 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday
About the role:
Our School Librarian/ Reading Support duties can include:
- Full responsibility for the school’s library
- Encouraging students to read and be involved in related events
- Communicating effectively with students, staff and parents in a professional and friendly manner
- Support students with additional needs or disabilities to access reading materials
- Working 1-1 with children who are falling behind in slotted times.
The ideal School Librarian/ Reading Support will have:
- Experience of working in a school or public library as a librarian or similar..
- A real passion for working within an education environment.
- Excellent communication and behaviour management skills.
- A DBS (Disclosure and Barring Check) registered with the DBS Update Service
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!