Primary Teaching AssistantPosted 09/01/23
£13,650 - £14,625
Individual Needs Assistant – Autism
Primary TA – Supporting Autism
About the role:
At Engage Education, we’ve specialised in recruiting teaching assistants for over a decade, so we understand the importance of quality support staff. We’re currently looking for an SEND Teaching Assistant / Individual needs assistant to support a child with Autism. An understanding and experience of Autism is preferable.
This role starts in January 2023.
At this school their priority is to develop a love of learning, inspired by outstanding teaching by building and developing all of everyone’s talents. They work tirelessly to ensure that all of the children enjoy a stimulating and diverse education, learning is irresistible, children are happy, feel safe and are valued and that learning experiences are rich and enjoyable.
The school is in a great location with excellent transport links.
Our teaching assistants’ duties can include:
- Working 1:1 full-time
- Supporting the child’s learning and wellbeing
- Providing appropriate interventions
- Be willing to adapt to the needs of the child
The ideal applicant will have:
- Some experience of working with SEND – Particularly Autism
- Experience of educational settings
- A real passion for education and improving the attainment of pupils
- Experience dealing with challenging behaviour
Highlights of becoming an Engage Teaching Assistant
- Engage Education also has an exclusive partnership with Creative Education which offers over 200 CPD courses for teachers and support staff. Membership with Creative Education is usually via a paid monthly subscription, but as an Engage candidate, you’ll get forever access to all of their current and future content for free.
- Earn up to £500 per week
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Develop your knowledge of the national curriculum
- Ideal post for graduates looking to move into a career in teaching
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!