Primary TeacherPosted 05/01/23
£33,850 - £38,810
SEN Primary Teacher
Are you a Primary Teacher who enjoys supporting learners who are disengaged?
Perhaps you have ambitions to become a SENCO later in your career?
An incredible SEMH school based in Barnsley is seeking to appoint a Primary Teacher to work with a group of children who are autistic and/or have social, emotional and mental health challenges.
This will be really well suited to you if you can demonstrate patience, a calm tone and exceptional behaviour management.
You will work with small groups of children, usually up to 6 per class and usually a pupil to staff ratio of 2:1.
What you will require:
- Relevant qualifications (QTS) – ECT's and Unqualified Teachers with experience are welcome to apply
- Demonstrable experience of planning, preparing and executing strong lessons, whilst maintaining safeguarding and managing LSA's
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or willing to apply for a new one
What the school can offer you:
- Exceptional career progression opportunities
- A supportive and well-structured learning environment
- A salary that is in line with your current pay scale point and SEN allowance
- Teaching a small group of SEN/SEMH children
- Supporting play and sensory needs of the children
- Managing learning support assistants and reporting to the senior leadership team
- Using creative freedom to manage behaviour and create an atmosphere conducive to enabling progression
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!