Primary Cover TeacherPosted 18/09/23
£30,000 - £41,333
Have you just qualified and looking to gain experience in the classroom?
Working on Supply gives you the opportunity to experience a range of settings and could help you secure you your ideal role!
Engage are currently looking for Teachers to work in our primary schools based in the Wakefield and surrounding areas.
The role allows you to be as flexible as you need, with between 1 and 5 days available.
This role would suit ambitious teachers who are looking for a new challenge and flexibility. You will have the skills, enthusiasm and commitment to deliver outstanding lessons and will demonstrate best practice in improving pupil progress and attainment.
Within the role you will be required to:
- Teach groups of children in the Teachers absence
- Support and enthuse young learners to reach their potential
- React to children’s interests to offer a child centred approach
- Provide opportunities that will excite and ignite a passion for learning
- Ensure children are engaging in their learning and actively participating
- Set the highest expectations for behaviour and achievement
Skills and attributes:
- Experience supporting children at KS1/KS2 is essential
- Cache Level 3 minimum or equivalent experience in a similar setting
- KS2 SATs experience is advantageous
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including Maths, English and Science at Grade C or above
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
- An observant and responsive approach
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Foster positive relationships with colleagues, children and parents/carers
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- £50 Amazon Voucher referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 5 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.