Primary Cover SupervisorPosted 19/09/23
£20,598 - £25,323
Are you looking for guaranteed work? We offer guaranteed pay schemes for outstanding candidates!
Here at Engage Education, we are looking for Cover Supervisors to meet the demands of day-to-day and long-term cover, to work in our partnership primary schools based across the Wakefield area.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will be supervising pupils to carry out pre-planned work when teaching staff are absent. The main responsibility of a Cover Supervisor is to manage the classroom and behaviour, in line with school policies, while ensuring that pupils complete the work which has been set.
The ideal candidate will be confident in supporting the students learning and development at primary level, having strong behaviour management skills, a positive approach and a passion for education.
Within the role you will be required to:
- Supervise the students and ensuring they complete set tasks
- Managing behaviour
- Assisting pupils when they have questions
- Following the school’s behaviour and safeguarding policies
- Collecting the completed work and handing it to the Head of Department
- Providing feedback on the lesson and pupil
What you need:
- GCSE’s, including Maths and English at Grade C and above/ 4 or 5
- Confident and positive approach to working with children
- Previous experience working with children or young adults is preferable
- A current DBS registered with the update service or a DBS completed through Engage Education
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- We pay for the cost of your DBS – we refund after you have worked 10 days for us!
- £50 Amazon Voucher referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 5 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.