Positive Behaviour MentorPosted 27/04/23
Engage Education are currently in partnership with a leading SEMH school in Cleckheaton (BD19) which caters for young people who have a wide range of complex needs, including Social, Emotional and Mental Health concerns, Special Educational Needs and those students who have Emotional, Health and Care Plans in place.
The school focuses on the individual needs of each student, giving them opportunities to gain a variety of qualifications and routes to employment. All of the pupils complete lessons in English, Maths, ICT and PSHE as core and aim to achieve accreditation from Entry Level 1 through to GCSE 1-9. Pupils can also develop functional and vocational skills including Music, Health and Fitness, Business and Photography.
As a Positive Behaviour Support Assistant you will support young people either on a 1:1 basis or in small groups.
This role is a full-time post to start in September 2023.
- Working with a small class of children to support their time in education
- Be able to adapt to the needs of the child in lessons and assist them in their school day
- Promote positive behaviour and encourage the children to stay on task
- Clarifying and explaining any questions or instructions given to the pupil
- Experience working with people with learning difficulties
- A full driving license and own car – this role may involve transporting students.
- Experience in a SEN education setting is ideal
- Team Teach training is desirable but is something that Engage can provide you with
- Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 'Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirement