Physics TeacherPosted 09/06/23
£29,344 - £40,083
Physics Teacher – Maternity Cover
October 2023 start
Are you a qualified Physics teacher looking for a Long Term role from October 2023?
We are working with an Outstanding Independent School who are looking for an experienced Physics Teacher for Maternity Cover.
About the role
The successful applicant will be joining a team of highly experienced teachers within a high-specification school. You will be working collaboratively with students to deliver outstanding theory and practical lessons.
This is a full-time, long-term role for a qualified teacher who can fully commit to joining a school with a clear vision and strong ethos. The school are looking for someone with the right personality that can engage with the students and 'A willingness to contribute to the wider life of this happy and successful School is essential'. In addition to teaching, additional duties and responsibilities will include:
Registration (Adviser) Group
- Saturday Summer Fair (11:00-15:00)
- Evening Senior School Parents’ Consultations (18:00-20:00)
- Evening Boarding Duty (18:30-20:30) on a rota basis for 6 weeks.
– The Science Department comprises of 7 teaching staff, with 2 technicians
– 6 purpose-built laboratories with offices, stores and prep rooms
– Extracurricular activities such as 'Science club option' for all years, robotics and residential Sixth Form Biology field trip and more
- A Physics Teacher with QTS
- Confident teaching Physics up to A Level
- A passion for Physics and keen to transfer this enthusiasm and passion to your students
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt to new environments
- A desire to work as a team with the rest of the department and the school
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.