Inclusion Support Worker – ScissettPosted 03/01/23
£15,600 - £17,550
Inclusion Support Worker required:
Do you have a passion for supporting children and young people? Would you like to be someone who helps to shape our pupils’ futures? Would you like to spend your today, transforming their tomorrow? If so, put on your cape because this looks like the job for you! In this role, you will be expected to support and nurture pupils with special educational needs in a one-to-one, or small-group, capacity – breaking down learning into bitesize chunks and offering warmth, patience and enthusiasm to your pupil’s with their learning journey. Here at Engage, we appreciate and value the profound impact that our inclusion workers have on children’s lives. Will you be the next to join our team?
About the role:
The needs of the pupils you may cater for range from:
- Complex Learning Needs (such as sensory and visual impairments)
- Behavioural Difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
This is a full time, term-time position on a long term contract, stemming to the end of the school year with the option of a permanent offer.
We welcome applicants with a good understanding of working with students with severe ASC and profound, multiple learning difficulties and are enthusiastic about raising the attainment of their pupils and delivering the secure, welcoming and warm learning environment that they deserve.
You will ideally have experience of supporting children with special educational needs or will have a passion to work with students with special educational needs. By being proactive, flexible and taking initiative, you will be assisting the class teacher to create a safe space where our pupils can truly shine.
The ideal candidate:
- Patient, flexible and resilient manner.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about helping children with special educational needs.
- You will be expected to think on your feet and be proactive, no day is the same in a Special School, so being prepared is vital.
- Ability to form excellent relationships and rapport with pupils and staff alike, to support pupils in conjunction with a much wider support network.
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid generously, in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!