Do you have a passion for Education?
Are you a qualified HLTA looking to make a difference?
At Engage Education, we’ve specialised in recruiting HLTA's for over a decade, so we know a bit about finding the ideal school for you.
We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work full time at a fantastic primary school in Watford.
Our team has built an excellent reputation in the local area, and we’re looking for more high-quality HLTAs to work with these schools to positively impact the progress and attainment.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Support for Students
- Assess the needs of students and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support attainment
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
Support for Teachers
- Within an agreed system of supervision and within a predetermined lesson framework, teach small groups or whole groups.
- Provide detailed verbal and written feedback on lesson content, student responses to learning activities and student behaviour, to teachers and students.
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources
- Record progress and achievement
- Contributing meetings with parents to provide constructive feedback on student attainment.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Evidence of fulfilling the Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards and or ability and potential to fulfil them within the first 6 months of the role.
- A passion for education
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills – equivalent to at least NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths
- Hold relevant qualifications at A level or equivalent to at least NQF Level 3
- Some experience of working with primary children or in a school
- A real passion for education and improving the attainment of pupils
- Bags of creativity for stimulating and engaging pupils
Highlights of becoming an Engage HLTA
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Develop your knowledge of the national curriculum
- Ideal post for graduates looking to move into a career in teaching
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for.
We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!