Health and Safety ManagerPosted 18/09/23
Facilities and Health & Safety Manager –
At Engage Education, we’re currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager in Huddersfield after building a strong relationship with a local grouping of schools. They are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager with experience managing a School department. We are currently working with Pivot in Huddersfield.
Our Engage Services team specialise in the placement of non classroom based staff including Administrators, HR, Finance and Facilities.
To support the set up of new sites and facilities as directed by the Board and the timely project management of new site set-ups.
- Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as security, maintenance, mail,archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling and any other services required for the efficient running of each site.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services (including utilities) to achieve maximum value for money.
- Prepare and agree service level agreements (SLAs) with external contractors and internal ‘customers’ (e.g. Head Teachers of each site).
- Prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors and suppliers of services.
- Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors and suppliers.
- Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives, Investigate the availability and suitability of options for new premises.
- Manage and lead change (including moving/opening new sites) to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels with contractors and suppliers and to lead on improvement.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Carry out occasional maintenance and basic repairs where necessary (to include handyman' tasks, for example.
We are Engage Education Services, the most trusted education recruitment agency.
- Get paid in line with AWR.
- Your own dedicated consultant
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent