Head of MFLPosted 19/04/23
£41858 - £44919
Head of MFL required for growing Secondary School in Brentwood, Essex September 2023
Start date: September 2023
Payscale: MPS – UPS + TLR2b
Suitable for: An experienced MFL Teacher looking for a leadership post or a current Head of Department looking for a new school.
Are you looking for a full-time Head of Department position in a growing school?
We are supporting a secondary school in Brentwood, Essex who are looking for a Permanent Head of MFL to join their team this September.
If you are a current Head of Department or an experienced MFL Teacher aspiring to take on a Head of Department role, then the Headteacher at this school would love to hear from you!
About the role
You’ll be working as a Head of MFL in a growing Secondary school. They have recently had an Ofsted inspection and achieved a Good status overall.
The Department bases itself on inspiring learners to take risks and challenge themselves as well as having creativity at the centre of what they do. You will be teaching Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 MFL and must be able to teach at least French or Spanish to A-Level.
The school has a huge focus on pastoral support and has created a behaviour policy built on mutual respect. You will be joining a motivated staffing team that has pupil and staff well-being at the heart of what they do.
The school offers an incredibly supportive CPD programme for ALL staff at whatever stage you are at in your career, to allow for progression at a pace that suits you.
- September 2023 start
- You will be teaching across KS3 and KS4 and KS5
- Leading a team of Teachers within the MFL department
- Creating schemes of work
- Motivating and encouraging staff by leading best practice
- Tracking pupil progress and identifying pupils that might require additional intervention support
- Oversee professional development of staff and students alike
- Current Head of Department or experienced Teacher looking to take a step up
- Demonstrable history of teaching the subject to a high standard to KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Enthusiasm and creativity when delivering lessons to students of all ages and abilities
- Passion for your subject
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 'Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Well-being support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements