Head of KS5 SciencePosted 02/05/23
£49320 - £53482
Head of KS5 Science in Barking and Dagenham
Start date: September 2023
Contract: Permanent post
Payscale: MPS – UPS + TLR
Suitable for: A qualified Science Teacher with at least 2 years experience teaching Science up to Key Stage 5 (UK curriculum)
We are supporting a secondary school in Barking and Dagenham that is looking for an experienced Science Teacher to join their school in September as Head of Key Stage 5 Science.
About the role
You’ll be joining an expanding school in a brand new role thats been created for September 2023.
The school opened its doors in 2016 and has opened its Sixth Form for the first time this September with their first ever cohort of Year 12's.
The school has just under 1000 pupils with space to grow up to a 10 form entry school to cater for 1900 East London pupils. This is a fantastic time to be joining the school due to the ongoing expansion, there is plenty of room for rapid progression and helping to create their Key Stage 5 curriculum as they expand with their first cohort of Year 13's this September!
The school has a huge focus on pastoral support and has created a behaviour policy built on mutual respect. You will be joining a motivated staffing team that has pupil and staff well-being at the heart of what they do.
The school offers an incredibly supportive CPD programme for ALL staff at whatever stage you are at in your career, to allow for progression at a pace that suits you.
- September 2023
- You will be teaching across KS3 – 5, with a focus on KS5
- Leading on Key Stage 5 Science
- Review and develop their Key Stage 5 Science curriculum and assessment strategies.
- Use data to be able to identify pupils who would benefit from Interventions within the Science department
- Deliver CPD with regards to best practice with KS5 teaching
- A qualified Science Teacher with at least 2 years experience teaching British Curriculum
- You must have completed your ECT induction
- Demonstrable history of teaching the subject to a high standard at A-Level (flexible on Science specialism)
- Enthusiasm and creativity when delivering lessons to students of all ages and abilities
- Strong background in pastoral support
- Passion for your subject
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 'Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Well-being support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.