English TutorPosted 18/09/23
£36,745 - £40,318
English Tutor – Hackney – National Tutoring Programme
£25-£35 per hour
ASAP start date
1 day per week (day negotiable)
Engage Education is pleased to announce that we’ve been successfully accepted as a Tuition Partner for the National Tutoring Programme (NTP) which aims to make high-quality tutoring available to schools to reduce the impact that closures and lockdowns have had on children’s education over the pandemic. We need your help to get pupils affected by the pandemic back on track!
About the role
You’ll be working as an English Tutor for Year 8 Pupils teaching groups of 3 pupils per session. Each session lasts for 1 hour and you would be working 2 day per week (the day per week you work is negotiable). This is based at a secondary school in Hackney .
The successful applicant will be working with pupil groups to make interventions in your chosen subject/sector, you will be working with mixed ability groups across the day and must be adaptable to the needs of your students.
You will be working with multiple small groups across a school day and be required to record and track progress against the national curriculum level.
- £25-35 per hour depending on the size of the group
- The school will create successful applicants a timetable based on their availability
- 1 day per week
- 5 hours per day
- You will be a Qualified Teacher, ECTs will be considered
- Demonstrable history of making positive interventions at KS3 in your chosen subject
- Experience delivering targeted interventions across multiple year groups.
- Enthusiasm and creativity when delivering targeted lessons to groups of students
- Ability to track pupil progress to national markers
Engage Education is proud to work alongside the Department for Education and the NTP to bring flexible, high-quality tuition by dedicated, qualified and experienced teachers to pupils whose education has been most impacted by the pandemic.
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.