Cover SupervisorPosted 13/01/23
£20909 - £24775
Cover Supervisor – Hackney
£72 – £85 per day
At Engage, we’re working with schools in Hackney to recruit daily Cover Supervisors that can support on a supply basis to cover planned and unplanned sickness. This is a great opportunity to join a close-knit team and make a real difference in the lives of your pupils.
As a Cover Supervisor, you’ll be supervising pupils carry out pre-planned work when teaching staff are off work for a certain period (for example, sickness or paternity leave). The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom and behaviour while ensuring that pupils complete the work which has been set.
- Supervising the students and ensuring they complete set tasks
- Managing behaviour
- Assisting pupils when they have questions
- Following the school’s behaviour and safeguarding policies
- Collecting the completed work and handing it to the Head of the Department
- Providing feedback on the lesson and pupils
About the role
- You will be covering lessons across the school to either relieve classroom teachers for PPA time or general sickness
- We do not require applicants to have experience as a cover supervisor but they must have a degree
- Must have some experience with young people – open to supporting workers, youth workers that sort of vibe
- Behaviour can be challenging at times as a supply so you must be personable and able to adapt to different situations
We are Engage Education, the most trusted education recruitment agency, with professional development and support at our core.
- Get paid in line with national scales (AWR compliant)
- Free CPD sessions
- Your own dedicated consultant
- £150 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus
- Wellbeing support, travel discounts, and retail offers from our partners
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally-recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role.
All candidates must have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting work. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.