Behaviour Support SpecialistPosted 23/05/23
Behaviour Support Specialist
Do you have a background in delivering sports?
Engage Education are currently looking to recruit candidates with a background in sports to support learners with SEMH.
We have been asked to recruit a SEN Teaching Assistant who has a background in sports coaching to support learners with SEND. This role will be long term.
This school caters for young people with social, emotional and mental health issues and so can often show challenging behaviours. You will need to have a range of behaviour management techniques and de-escalation strategies.
- Supporting learners on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Working with other support staff to engage pupils in class
- Providing feedback to teachers and parents
- You will be assisting pupils with Autism, SEMH, ADHD, Severe Learning Difficulties and other Learning Disabilities
What you will need:
- A range of behaviour management techniques
- To have worked with learners with a range of needs
- The ability to re-engage a young person in learning through a range of methods
- To be able to commit to working at the school for long period of time
- A resilient attitude
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!