Behaviour MentorPosted 26/04/23
About the role:
This Behaviour Mentor role is based in a supportive and proactive Secondary school in Thurrock. This has been a challenging time for many of the school's students, providing a stable and nurturing environment for students returning to school in September is essential.
Therefore we are seeking educators to work with a wide range of needs, from children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs to more Sensory Behavioural Difficulties linked to Autism.
If you are looking to make a real difference to a students life, this could be the role for you.
- Supporting on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Working with other support staff to engage pupils in class and minimise disruption
- Providing feedback to teachers and parents
- You will be assisting pupils with Autism, SEMH, ADHD, Severe Learning Difficulties and other Learning Disabilities
The ideal candidate:
- Outgoing and mentoring manner
- Enthusiastic and passionate about helping children reach their full potential
- You will be expected to think on your feet and be proactive, no day is the same in a Special School, so being prepared is vital.
- Ability to form excellent relationships and rapport with pupils
Highlights of becoming an Engage Teaching Assistant
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Develop your knowledge of the national curriculum
- Ideal post for graduates looking to move into a career in teaching
Why choose Engage Education?
- We pay all our staff in line with the Agency Worker Regulations, meaning your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee
- You will benefit from your own dedicated Engage consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- You will be invited to our wide range of continued professional development (CPD) training sessions, provided by our in-house team of experienced senior leaders. These are completely free to attend!
- £150 referral bonus for each of your friends you refer to us when they work 10 days or more.
How to apply
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below – or get in touch with us directly.
If you’re not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful for this role. We have a lot of applications to our positions, so don’t be disheartened – you are still free to apply to one of our other vacancies that you may be more suited for. We will also keep your CV on file and continue to help you in your search for your next role.
All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with GDPR requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!