Autism Support TAPosted 18/09/23
Teaching Assistants – Mainstream and Special Needs Schools, Wandsworth.
Are you dedicated to helping students with special needs achieve their full potential? We are looking for compassionate and committed Teaching Assistants to join a Special Needs School nestled in the beautiful borough of Wandsworth. We are devoted to providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for students aged between 5 – 16 years old, diagnosed with a range of special needs, including Autism, Complex Needs, Learning Difficulties, and SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and support a small group of students with special needs in their academic and personal development.
- Collaborate with teachers and therapists to implement individualised education plans (IEPs) and provide targeted support.
- Assist students in their academic activities, adapting teaching methods to cater to diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Foster a safe, supportive, and inclusive classroom environment, promoting social interaction and emotional development.
- Implement behavior management strategies and interventions to address challenging behaviors and support emotional regulation.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students who require additional assistance, helping them achieve their learning goals.
- Support students in developing essential life skills, communication, and independence.
- Maintain accurate records and progress reports, documenting observations and improvements.
- Engage with parents/guardians and communicate effectively with all stakeholders regarding students' progress and well-being.
Ideal Skill Sets:
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant, ideally with students with special needs.
- Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for supporting students' development and well-being.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, building positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
- Adaptability and the ability to meet the diverse and evolving needs of individual students.
- Knowledge of behavior management techniques and strategies for supporting students with special needs.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and a commitment to creating a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- Relevant qualifications or training in special education or related fields are advantageous.
Engage Education are a widely recognised, award winning education recruitment company. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and professional development that we offer our teachers and support staff. We:
- Offer an excellent ‘refer a friend’ scheme that pays you £150 for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked and been paid for their first 10 days
- Pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
- Ensure that you will have your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- Give you access for a wide range of CPD training through our in-house team of experienced senior leaders
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education.
Engage Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Temp to perm, Graduate
Salary: £75.00-£85.00 per day
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Teaching Assistant: 1 year (preferred)