18th December 2017
It’s always important to know that something will be worth your time before you sign up. Are you looking for something that offers you monetary security with flexibility every day? Do you want to be able to try teaching in different schools to gain experience? Here’s how Secure Guarantee Pay works for you.
Secure Guarantee Pay does what it says on the tin – your pay is secured each week, even if we can’t get you out one day. Let’s say you’re on a contract that means you work 4 days a week, but we’re only able to get you to school 3 days, your pay will be for 4. That’s part of our promise to you. We do all of the hard work ensuring we have the supply days available in schools in your area and put you at the top of the list so that you get as much work as possible.
Every day you’ll need to be ready to rock bright and early, waiting at a train station for us to call with your assignment of the day. All you need to do is get to the school and begin! The beauty of supply teaching is that in most cases, the general class teacher will have left your lesson plans and assignments ready for you to arrive, so all you need to worry about is the teaching itself.
There are lots of ways to make sure that you’re getting the best out of supply teaching and that the children you teach get the best from your teaching. Here are a few supply teaching tips to acing your opportunity:
– Make sure you get to school early (we’ll make sure you never have to travel more than an hour to get to a school)
– Make sure you have a ‘Supply Teacher Pack’ so that you’re always prepared – this includes stationery, back up lesson plans, icebreakers and your very own set of classroom rules
– Get to know the staff at the school you’re teaching – if you have time in the morning, introduce yourself to any staff you see
– It’s a good idea to ask if there are any difficult children in your class before you begin teaching so you can effectively manage behaviour during your class
– Ask about the schools routine – it’s important to know when the toilet breaks and assemblies are!
– Take note of anything important for reporting back to the class teacher – they’ll want to know which students did really well in class and who struggled.
Join the education agency with a support-based approach to recruitment. When you register with Engage, you’ll be immediately matched with your own personal Engage consultant. Your Engage consultant will get to work right away to get to know you, your goals, and your skills, to find the best job for you – whether you’re an administrative worker, a supply teacher, member of support staff, or a school leader!
10 tips to being a star teacher! We’re the education recruitment...
Blog article brought to you by the UK’s number one teacher recruitment agency, Engage Education Supply teaching tips: Our favourite…