Team Teach is award-winning ‘positive handling’ training which helps staff support people with challenging behaviour. A teacher that has students with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties or Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues would benefit immensely from Team Teach. It teaches a range of de-escalation and positive handling techniques which promote positive relationships in schools.
The training helps attendees reduce stress, increase security in the classroom and boost staff morale in the workplace. Confidence is key when dealing with EBD (Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties) or SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) students and Team Teach training can give you the tools to approach these with assurance.
– Promote the least intrusive positive handling strategy
– Understand how to exhaust all verbal and nonverbal de-escalation strategies before positive handling strategies are used
– To ensure you can respond to disruptive, disturbing or aggressive behaviours which maintain a positive relationship
– To reduce the number of serious incidents involving physical controls by exhausting behaviour management strategies
– Increase staff awareness concerning the importance of recording, reporting, monitoring and evaluating every incident which involves positive handling
– To ensure a process of repair and reflection is in place for both staff and children
TA’s & LSAs
Anyone transitioning from mainstream to SEN
Anyone who has a close relation to someone who has difficult behaviours (EBD or SEMH)
We offer Team Teach to schools, Faye and Mayur work for our SEN division and are both qualified Team Teach trainers.
The course they offer comprises of a mixture of theory and practical elements – course participants will be required to get involved in physical activities, including restraints. It’s all above board, we take health and safety seriously during the training. If you’re interested in discussing Team Teach further, give us a call. We’ll be happy to help.